Tuesday, October 26, 2010

John's Birthday Card

Hi Stampers,  This is the card I made for my Great-nephew's Birthday. He turned seven last week and he is a real cutie. He negotiated a Mohawk hairdo for his mom's request to wear a sweater vest for his family birthday party! Gotta love that little guy. He is still wanting to be a chef. He has wanted this ever since he was three when he had his own play kitchen, chef's hat and apron, too. He helps around the kitchen whenever he can. Well, family time is always precious and I cherish these times to be with my family. Everyone lives so far away and my nephew and his family live the closest. He and I are sort of a hub for all the holidays. Thanksgivings are at our house and Christmas Eve are at his. But as the family grows they outgrow my house! This Thanksgiving will be sparse and I must say, although I know we really cannot gather all those people indoors at my house for the holiday I know I will miss them all.  I usually have a family gathering in the summertime as we live on a lake and all the young-ones and the not-so-young-ones can have a leisurely day at the lake swimming and then back to the house for a barbecue. Fun times.

Sorry I got off track there. I got the idea for this card from my up-line from a stack of swapped cards she had. I am tempted to upload that photo tonight but I have had so much computer trouble that I am very hesitant to do so tonight. So, for now I will tell you what I used for this card and if my machine does not crash on me AGAIN I will try to post the original card I was inspired by:
Materials: 5 1/2 x8 1/2 light blue cardstock folded to make a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card (SU), 
4 7/8 x 3 3/4 cherry cobbler (SU), 
3 1/4 x 3 Yellow paper with subtle print (Unknown), 
2 x 3 darker blue cardstock (SU), 
small amount of whisper white, cherry cobbler and gray to make the gumball machine (SU), 
small pieces of various colors for the gumballs.,one silver brad for the knob, ~4 1/2 inches of decorative ribbon and happy birthday stamp (unknown). 
You will need a decorative border punch, a tabs punch, a 1 1/2 circle punch and an oval punch or some other type of cutting system for your circle and oval. 
I used 1/4 inch punch for the gumballs but it was hard to get all those circles glued down on paper and not my hand. So, I would make them at least 3/8 inch. The red gumball stand was made with the tab punch and then cut so that it would look like a base of a gumball machine. The rest I think is pretty straight forward. Hope you enjoy this card and perhaps have an opportunity to make one. Like I said, it was not my idea and if I can find the name of the person who created it I will post it. It was really a lot of fun to make and rather easy. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stampin'
54488-42-72112D59BADA3EC40C8D79A205B601C1

No comments:

Post a Comment